The purpose of the position is to ensure the smooth operation of the organization and to meet the needs of clients. The incumbent will work shifts as assigned and/or claimed by TLC Muskoka.
- Familiarize oneself with TLC Muskoka’s policies and procedures
- Familiarize oneself with TLC Muskoka’s scheduling program
- Inform TLC Muskoka of any shifts they are unable to accept, for example, Day, Evening or Night
- Inform TLC Muskoka dates they are unavailable to accept a shift
- Accept shifts for dates available when offered
- Upon accepting a shift, perform the duties as directed in accordance with regulatory standards
- If unable to fill a shift, report immediately to TLC Muskoka management
- Familiarize oneself with Facility operational policies and procedures
- Resident Care
- If there is a conflict with Facility procedures and regulatory standard the incumbent will report the issue immediately to TLC Muskoka management.
- Complete, obtain Facility signature and submit timesheets in the approved time frame
- Perform personal support duties as contracted by the Client in the Client’s place of residence (private home, retirement, long-term care, hospital)
- Follow instructions as describe in the Client’s Care Plan
- Follow standard practices of health care.
- Report any incidents that are of concern to TLC Muskoka management and, if necessary, other appropriate agencies
- To ensure that appropriate documentation is completed as required:
- Time Sheets
- Incident reports
- Where appropriate: Care Plans, Progress Notes
- Comply with regulatory requirements for employee and client confidentiality rights
- Not discuss staff or client issues with anyone other than the appropriate Facility or TLC Muskoka staff and when discussing these issues ensure that the communication is done discretely and in private
- Ontario Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Computer Literate
- Strong Communication and Organization
- Conflict Resolution
This position may require the incumbent to work, as required
- day, evening and night shifts
- on call
- unscheduled shifts
- use of a personal vehicle
The incumbent is paid on a scheduled per hour basis and required to self-report their time electronically and/or paper timesheets.
This position may require the incumbent to perform lifting of persons and objects according to Health and Safety standards.
The incumbent reports to the Manager, Muskoka Operations
- When working at facilities the incumbent reports to the Charge Staff on duty